Back and neck pain are very common. Often, self-care, gentle exercise, and non-narcotic pain medicine, can help you get back to your life. It is a good idea to work with your primary care provider early in your pain course.
At Providence, we offer a wide variety of services to help diagnose and treat your condition.
- Evaluation and management by a Physical Rehabilitation Medicine specialist (physiatrist). A physiatrist focuses on identifying the source of pain and will create individualized treatment plans to make it easier to do your daily activities.
- Evaluation and management by a Physical Therapist (PT). Movement and exercise are an important part of the healing process. Your physical therapist will work with you to create an individualized care and exercise plan. We also offer specific kinds of physical therapy:
- Work hardening therapy or Worker rehab, a whole body conditioning program designed to help an injured worker return to a specific job
- Diagnostic imaging services, including MRI/CT
- Electromyography(EMG)/Nerve conduction studies
- Pain relieving injections
Our board certified neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons practice at our four centers located in Providence hospitals:
Our programs are designated as BlueCross BlueShield Blue Distinction Centers for spine surgery, which demonstrates quality care, treatment expertise and better overall patient results.
Our spine surgeons are trained to perform the latest spinal surgeries:
- Discectomy (including microdiscectomy)
- Spinal decompression
- Spinal fusion
- Spinal reconstructive surgery
- Spinal cord stimulators
We're here to help
If you need help finding a doctor, call us at 503-216-1055. We will point you in the right direction to help get you on your road to recovery.
Don’t have a primary care provider?
Providence has primary care clinics around the Portland metropolitan area. Call us at 503-582-2185 for more information.