Welcome to the Providence Oregon Family Medicine Residency Program website. As you browse the site, read the message from our director and learn about our program offerings.
Message from the Director
I am excited to be at Providence Oregon Family Medicine Residency in my role as Program Director. What attracted me to come here was the deep dedication to education, mission and nurturing the next generation of physicians that was not only discussed but put into daily practice. I believe in full spectrum family medicine and am dedicated to improving our education within a transformative practice.
- Justin Osborn, MD
Discover Our Program
At Providence Oregon Hospital Family Medicine Residency, we promote lifelong learning of the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to provide high-quality care, especially to those most in need. Our mission is to train family physicians to be the cornerstone of patient-centered, socially responsible, community-oriented medical care.
As physicians of the Providence Oregon Family Medicine Residency Program, we treat common illnesses uncommonly well. We honor patients' unique needs and cultures. We strive to balance our professional and personal lives.
- An innovative, community-based single residency program
- Academic and teaching affiliation with Oregon Health & Science University
- A rural training residency program in family medicine in the community of Hood River, Ore.
- Emphasis on evidence-based medicine
- Links to academic resources throughout the Portland metro area to enhance our teaching program and rotations
- Fully implemented electronic health record (EHR) for patient information
- Worldwide HIPAA-compliant remote access to patient records
- Online library through Providence Physician intranet, including “Up-to-Date”
- Electronic access to hospital records and PACS (digital radiology)
- Internet-based software for schedules, procedures and evaluations