Recipe - Mediterranean Fish Packets
- 4 sheets of foil or parchment paper (approx. 12" x 12" each)
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ¼" rounds (at least 8 pieces)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 large cloves)
- 1 14.5-ounce can low-sodium stewed tomato slices
- 1 pound cod or other firm-fleshed white fish, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 tablespoons crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, and pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
4 tablespoons chopped black olives
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- On each piece of foil, layer zucchini and onion slices, ½ teaspoon garlic, and 2 tomato slices.
- Top with the fish, then feta and olives (if using). Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each of the basil, oregano, and pepper. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Rest 5 minutes.
- Remove fish from foil and arrange on plates.
Per serving: 212 calories, 24g protein, 13g carbohydrate, 8g fat, 2g sat fat, 4g mono fat, 50mg cholesterol, 4g fiber, 207mg sodium
The Seasoned Cook: For more fiber, add ½ cup cooked whole grains, beans, or lentils to the foil beneath the vegetables. If using fresh herbs, remember to triple the amount.