Providence Headache Center
Providence Headache Center is part of Providence Brain and Spine Institute. Our specialists know that life is better without headaches. We take the time to get to know you and work closely with you to provide excellent care, helping you achieve freedom from headaches. We treat adults 18 or older.
Headaches take many forms. From migraines to tension headaches and everything in between, we treat them all.
Some headaches could be life-threatening and should be examined right away. Get immediate help if you have a headache and:
- It's the worst you have ever experienced
- Your face droops, your arm is weak or clumsy, or you have problems understanding, speaking, standing or walking
- You have a fever, muscle aches, weight loss, cough, or other symptoms related to an infection or illness
- You have or had cancer
- You take a blood thinner
- Your immune system is suppressed by illness or medicines
- You are pregnant (or think you might be)
- It's unlike any headache you have ever had
- It's sudden and severe
- It's bad, especially when coughing, sneezing, laughing or lifting
The Headache Center combines years of expertise with current medical knowledge. Our patients see improvements in many ways thanks to:
- Education and understanding
- Healthier lifestyle choices
- Behavioral management
- Natural remedies
- Prescription medicines
- Treatments including nerve blocks, Botox and Sphenocath
- Devices including Cefaly and eNeura
Our clinical studies and trials have openings for people who want to contribute to the future of headache medicine. See our current list of enrolling clinical trials. Our research team is happy to talk with you.