We understand that being diagnosed with a gynecologic cancer can feel overwhelming. With Providence, you are in expert, caring hands. Your care will be led by a fellowship-trained gynecologic oncologist – a specialist in treating these cancers. Gynecologic oncologists are the only cancer specialists who are trained in both medical and surgical oncology, so they provide dual expertise in administering your medical treatments and performing your cancer surgery. Your Providence gynecologic oncologist will manage your care plan and guide you through all of your treatment at Providence Cancer Institute.
What we treat
Our team is highly experienced in assessing and treating all gynecologic cancers, including ovarian, cervical, uterine, vaginal, fallopian and vulvar cancers, as well as benign, pre-cancerous conditions. See more.
Why choose us?
As a patient of Providence Gynecologic Oncology Clinic, you benefit from:
- An expert team focused entirely on treating gynecologic cancers
- Breakthrough research and clinical trials through our world-class research institute
- Compassionate support through every step of your care and follow-up
- The convenience of receiving all of your care under one roof
In addition to your gynecologic oncologist, your treatment team may include oncology nurses, radiation oncologists, pathologists, genetic-risk experts, oncology social workers, integrative medicine providers, nutrition specialists, clinical trials nurses, medical assistants and others. Your physician works closely with all of these professionals to tailor a comprehensive, personalized treatment program specifically for you.
Your treatment and care
Our experienced team provides the full range of leading treatments and services for gynecologic cancer care, including:
- Advanced open surgery, minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery
- Biological therapy, including immunotherapy and targeted therapy
- Genomic sequencing, also known as personalized cancer medicine
- World-class radiation oncology
- Genetic risk assessment
- Oncology nutrition
- Integrative therapies (naturopathic medicine, acupuncture, therapeutic massage)
- Innovative therapies and clinical trials through the Earle A. Chiles Research Institute, a division of Providence Cancer Institute located within the Robert W. Franz Cancer Center
- Long-term follow-up care
In addition to treating your cancer, we believe in providing supportive care that helps you through this challenging experience and supports your entire well-being. Our supportive services include:
- Social work services
- Peer support
- Support groups