Providence Gastrointestinal Cancer Program
Welcome to Providence Gastrointestinal Cancer Program at Providence Cancer Center. We are a team of health care professionals and researchers striving to provide and promote expert care to people who have cancers of the gastrointestinal tract.
We focus our attention and resources on people with cancers of the upper (esophagus and stomach), middle (pancreas, liver, gall bladder, bile ducts and small intestine) and lower (colon, rectum and anus) gastrointestinal tract. Our goal is to improve outcomes for individuals seeking treatment or those at risk for gastrointestinal cancer. To accomplish this goal, we have these objectives:
- Enhance awareness of and access to cancer prevention steps and early detection tests.
- Provide expert multidisciplinary care through a team of gastrointestinal cancer specialists.
- Deliver evidence-based, state-of-the-art cancer care.
- Enhance gastrointestinal cancer treatment with innovative bench-to-bedside research.
- Provide support groups and education for patients and their families.
- Improve quality of life for patients and families.
- Provide information and education for health care professionals.
Providence Gastrointestinal Cancer Program at Providence Cancer Center brings together medical, radiation and surgical oncologists who specialize in gastrointestinal cancers. We are specialists in screening, early detection and prevention. We prioritize research and collaboration to bring the best care to our patients.