What we treat
Epilepsy is one of the most common neurological conditions and, while there is no cure, our specialists help patients manage seizures to enjoy good quality of life. If you or someone close to you experiences seizures, the team at Providence Epilepsy Center offers inpatient monitoring to diagnose epilepsy with absolute accuracy. We will design a treatment plan for you based on the information we gather during your stay.
Why choose us?
We are accredited by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers and specialize in:
- Medical management for patients with all types of epilepsy
- Neurocritical care expertise – Why Does Neurocritical Care Matter?
- Advanced neuroimaging including: 3T MRI, cerebral angiography and PET scan
- Epilepsy and women’s health considerations, including pregnancy
- Clinical research trials that can give patients access to more options for treatment and improve quality of life
- Comprehensive EEG services, including: ambulatory EEG, inpatient continuous video EEG monitoring, epilepsy monitoring units at Providence St. Vincent and Providence Portland Medical Centers and outpatient EEG services at all 5 Portland-region Providence facilities
- Comprehensive options for patients with medically refractory epilepsy, including:
- epilepsy surgery
- intracranial EEG
- vagal nerve stimulation
- responsive neurostimulation
- laser ablation
- epilepsy diet therapies
Epilepsy Center Services