Providence Digestive Health Institute excels in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease, or IBD.
Having IBD means that you have chronic inflammation in your digestive tract. The main forms of IBD are:
- Ulcerative colitis, which causes chronic inflammation and ulcers in the lining of the colon and rectum
- Crohn’s disease, which typically causes chronic inflammation in the lining and wall of the small intestine, and sometimes in the colon, rectum and anus
Although IBD can be a lifelong condition, there are many treatments to help manage symptoms, including anti-inflammatory medications, drugs that suppress the immune system, antibiotics, nutritional supplements and surgery. We’re here to guide you toward the best treatments to help keep your inflammation under control, relieve your symptoms, minimize flare-ups, ward off complications, and keep you feeling your best.
With Providence, you are in very experienced hands. Our doctors are known all over the state for their expertise in treating IBD, and many are national leaders in the field. In addition to state-of-the-art diagnostics and the latest, most proven medical and surgical treatments, we’re often able to provide new treatments long before they are widely available, through clinical trials.
As a patient of Providence Digestive Health Institute, you also will benefit from:
- The most experienced providers of endoscopic procedures in the state
- Weekly multi-specialty case reviews for complex cases
- Timely communication between the interconnected members of your care team
- Excellent support staff, including top wound and ostomy nurses
- “Enhanced recovery after surgery” protocols to optimize surgical outcomes
- Multiple medical campuses that seamlessly integrate care and share knowledge.