The Providence Digestive Health Institute offers a range of endoscopic procedures to help diagnose conditions affecting the digestive tract. We care for patients with a variety of complicated biliary/pancreatic diseases, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease and gastrointestinal malignancies. Our multi-disciplinary provider teams include gastrointestinal surgeons, interventional radiologists, oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, and allied health care
professionals. These teams meet weekly to discuss cases at our hepatobiliary and biliopancreatic case conferences, and have access to the latest treatments and technologies to provide you with extraordinary care.
Sometimes called an EGD, this is a procedure used to look at the inner lining of the upper digestive tract (the esophagus, stomach and the duodenum or the first part of the small intestine).
This procedure uses a thin, flexible camera to examine the colon or lower intestine and is used to check for abnormalities or disease.
This is a highly specialized procedure for complex diagnoses and treatments. With three locations (in northeast and southwest Portland, and Newberg) Providence offers the largest and most experienced endoscopy program in Oregon. And our dedicated team maintains consistently higher success rates and lower complication rates than the national average.
Procedures and conditions include:
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) with 3D digital imaging
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Spyglass cholangioscopy/lithotripsy
- BarrX and cryoablation for Barrett’s esophagus
- Optical coherence tomography and Cellvizio for Barrett’s esophagus
- Endoscopic mucosal resection and submucosal dissection
- Balloon endoscopic and capsule enteroscopy
- Advanced liver disease services
- Transgastric pseudocyst drainage
- Gut motility studies
- Large polyp removal
- High-resolution manometry/pH studies
- Photodynamic therapy