Providence Diabetes Education
Whether you have had diabetes for some time or are newly diagnosed, our program offers you and your family the knowledge and self-care skills necessary to live a healthy life.
Diabetes is a serious and complicated disease. But it doesn't have to control your life. Education is vital for good diabetes management. Successful outcomes depend on your knowledge and active involvement in your care.
By arming yourself with information, regular health care and a little motivation, you can learn to control your disease. We can help. Providence Diabetes Education serves to improve the quality of life for people living with diabetes.
We offer group classes and individual appointments during day and evening hours. Both give people the information and support they need to successfully navigate the various challenges that diabetes can present. We can help you decide which one is the best fit for you.
- Overview of diabetes - causes and treatment
- Diabetes self-management education
- Diabetes during pregnancy
- Pre-conception planning
- Pregnancy follow ups
- Gestational diabetes
- Medical nutrition therapy
- Insulin administration
- Instruction on how to use vial/syringe and insulin pens and pen needles
- Insulin pump training
- Self-management support
- Help with insulin adjustment for optimal blood sugar control
- Collaboration with the medical team
- Carb: Insulin ratio training for basal/bolus insulin therapy
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Evaluation of blood sugar patterns
- Help with understanding blood sugar patterns
Our education program focuses on these core areas:
- Living well with diabetes
- Benefits of healthy eating and exercise
- Blood sugar control and monitoring
- Reducing risks and preventing complications
- Problem solving
- Taking medications
Diabetes education is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most insurance companies. Financial assistance is available if you do not have insurance.