Providence Connections in the Portland metro and Yamhill service areas is a palliative care consultation service with a team of experts who can help you and your family find needed resources, control pain and other symptoms, and provide compassionate support.
Connections services in southern Oregon ›
Providence Connections offers:
- A program that blends comfort with active treatment
- Support for you and your family, no matter where you are in the disease process
- Assistance in making health care decisions based on your personal values
- Resources for the doctors providing your care
- A way for you to get comprehensive medical information about your disease process
- Expert advice on symptom management
- Information and assistance in finding community resources
Providence Connections care team includes:
- Doctors and nurse practitioners specializing in palliative medicine
- Palliative care nurses
- Licensed clinical social workers
- Connections partners – staff members and trained volunteers
Who can benefit from Connections?
People who have:
- A serious or progressive illness, such as cancer, heart disease, lung diseases, kidney disease or other difficult health problems
- Troublesome symptoms, such as pain, shortness of breath, fatigue, anxiety, depression, lack of appetite, weight loss, nausea and constipation
- Frequent emergency department visits or hospital admissions
- Treatments that are no longer as helpful as they once were
- A need for help with future planning, decision making, emotional or spiritual support
- Questions about their illness or treatment goals
- Concerns about communication with multiple doctors
What can you expect from the Connections Team?
- We’ll stay in touch with you by phone, checking on your progress.
- We’ll work with home health staff or nursing home staff if you ever need these types of services.
- We’ll provide advice and feedback directly to your primary care physician and specialists. We’ll help you stay connected to your own physicians, facilitating communication between you and your doctors.
- We’ll help you connect to additional services, such as home health, hospice, spiritual care and other community resources.
Providence Connections is available to anyone under the care of a doctor in the Portland metropolitan or Yamhill service areas. We work with your doctors to provide practical solutions to your issues. Our services are covered by most insurance plans. For more information, please see our brochure below, contact us or contact your doctor for a referral to the program.