Find information about coronavirus (COVID-19), including how to protect yourself, what to do if you feel sick, and signs and symptoms here.
Supporting you during COVID-19
It is important that we keep seeing you for your regularly scheduled visits and that your care is not delayed as COVID-19 still continues to be a threat to our community.
We are here to support you and safely continue in-person visits in our clinics, as well as telephone visits and virtual visits from your home.
What patients and caregivers should know before visiting a Providence facility
We are open for patient care. If you experience a fever, cough, runny nose, or shortness of breath, contact your health care provider before your appointment.
All patients, visitors and employees will receive a screening for COVID-19 symptoms when entering Providence hospitals. This will include having their temperature checked at the door. Cancer patients with elevated temperatures will be allowed to enter because this is a typical side effect of cancer treatment. Visitors with elevated temperatures will not be allowed in the building. You will be asked questions related to symptoms or if you’ve had contact with someone who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.
Updated visitor restrictions for Providence Cancer Institute clinics
Providence Cancer Institute cares for a high number of patients whose immune systems are impacted by cancer treatment. With the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, we are taking every precaution to ensure your health and safety, including:
Visitors are not allowed in clinics with patients in order to comply with social distancing guidelines. Patient caregivers can assist patients to the clinic location and return when the appointment is over.
We are limiting the number of people in our hospitals, including in waiting areas, for everyone’s safety. Visitors are asked to wait off-campus and return only to pick-up patients.
Temporary changes affecting some of our clinics
- New patient visits will continue to take place at all clinic locations in-person or virtually.
- PCI Newberg Clinic is open for provider visits Monday through Thursday. Infusion visits can currently be scheduled on Tuesdays or Thursdays. The clinic will be closed on Fridays from May 22, 2020 – August 7, 2020. Patients will be able to reach the clinic by phone on Fridays.
- All patients will be notified prior to their appointments regarding changes that impact their care location.
What we’re doing to protect patients and staff
- All staff, patients, and visitors are asked to wear masks at all times.
- Providence staff are reaching out to every patient prior to their appointment to screen them for symptoms.
- Some patients will be given the option to meet with their physician for a telephone or virtual visit.
- Infusion room chairs are placed six feet apart to comply with the social distancing requirement.
Frequently asked questions