Get a virtual second opinion in four easy steps
Providence Brain and Spine Institute is here to help you navigate a possible brain tumor diagnosis or treatment plan with our Virtual Second Opinion service. Our expert physicians and multidisciplinary team offer you compassion and clarity, while our care coordinator guides you through the process.
Request a Second Opinion Now
This service is currently available to patients with possible brain tumor diagnosis in Oregon and Washington and is not intended for emergency treatment. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get a virtual second opinion in four easy steps:
- Click on the button above and fill in the form to create an account. If you need help creating the account, call 503-216-1055.
- Provide your email address and basic contact information, plus details on where your medical records and imaging can be obtained. Everything is handled securely to protect your privacy.
- A care coordinator will contact you to go over any questions and get any additional information needed.
- Our multidisciplinary brain tumor team will review your diagnosis and imaging to create a treatment plan. A specialist will then schedule your online video second opinion to discuss their recommendations and your questions.
During the process, you will be assigned a personal care coordinator who will be your point of contact and will assist you with logistics, medical records and questions.
The timing depends on obtaining your medical records, but the entire process will take 7-10 business days from when you submit the form to when you have your virtual visit. Your care coordinator will keep you updated on the schedule.
The cost is $150 and includes:
- Access to your personal care coordinator Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (PT)
- Collection and review of your records by our specialists
- Virtual visit with Providence Brain and Spine Institute Second Opinion provider
- Written opinion from our specialist
Currently, most health plans do not cover online virtual second opinions. You are responsible for the cost. Payment is due when your second opinion request is accepted.
Providence Brain and Spine Institute will not file a claim for this service, nor can we provide procedure codes for the online virtual second opinion. Some insurance plans may cover the cost of an in-person second opinion. If you would like to request an in-person visit, please call 503-216-1055.
Our specialist may agree with your original diagnosis and treatment plan, offering you peace of mind that you are making the right decisions regarding your medical care. Or our specialist may agree with the initial diagnosis but recommend different or additional treatments. In some cases, our specialist may have a different diagnosis entirely and will recommend a different course of treatment.
Whatever the outcome, once you have your virtual visit and receive your written report, you should schedule time with your local health care provider to review the recommendation and work together to come up with the best treatment approach for your care.
If you decide to come to Providence Brain and Spine Institute in Portland, Oregon for your treatment, your personal care coordinator will help schedule your in-person appointment.