Pediatric Recreational Therapy
Also known as:
Recreational therapy, pediatric, Therapeutic recreation, pediatric
The therapeutic recreation team at Providence Child Center provides recreational opportunities for our kids that enhance their health, functional abilities, independence and quality of life. Our therapy staff is supported by hundreds of volunteers who make it possible to provide unique and exciting recreational activities.
- Art, music and sports groups are continuously provided by our creative staff, volunteers and community partners
- Community integration field trips to Portland Trail Blazer Games, OMSI, the Saturday Market, movies and more
- The Friend to Friend program partners local students with our kids for a year’s worth of friendship and life-long memories
- Holiday parties, like the annual Christmas Present Celebration, Family Christmas Party and Family Easter Party
- Special events and typical childhood traditions, including the Junior Rose Parade, a traditional Prom, birthday parties and summer camp
- Alternative therapy services, like music therapy and pet therapy – we’ve hosted everything from harps to llamas!
It is our goal and privilege to provide therapeutic recreational activities that celebrate ability while ensuring every child in our care has access to typical childhood experiences. To learn more about our recreational therapy program and how you might volunteer to work with our children, please email our volunteer coordinator or call 503-215-2826.
If you are a therapeutic recreation student and want to learn more about our internship program, please email our program director or call 503-215-2826.