My Little Waiting Room
My Little Waiting Room offers a fun, safe, drop-in child care environment for children whose families are tending to medical appointments or visiting patients at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center or Providence Portland Medical Center. The program is designed specifically for children aged 6 weeks to 10 years old.
Operated by Volunteers of America Oregon, the service is professionally staffed and fully licensed to care for up to 15 children at a time at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center and 12 at Providence Portland Medical Center.
Drop-in care is available, however, if you plan to have an appointment at the hospital, we highly recommend you reserve a space in advance for your children at My Little Waiting Room.
If you require more than 90 minutes of care, reservations are required.
For reservations, please call:
To ease the check-in process, please read the following prior to your first visit:
To protect hospital patients and visitors, all children in care are required to be fever free and symptom free for at least 24 hours prior to drop-off.
In instances of inclement weather, please call our voicemail to verify our hours of operation as we may be forced to adjust for staff and client safety.
The service is funded solely by donations. We encourage a suggested donation of $10 per family/per visit.
Donate online ›
(We also welcome donations of new books, toys, and craft supplies. Our wish list can be found on Pinterest.)
My Little Waiting Room closure days are as follows:
- Tuesday, January 1 (New Year's Day)
- Monday, January 21 (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Tuesday, March 5 (Open at 12 p.m. - Staff Training)
- Friday, March 15 (Closed at 2 p.m. - Staff Meeting)
- Monday, May 27 (Memorial Day)
- Friday, June 7 (Closed at 2 p.m. - Staff Meeting)
- Thursday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Friday, July 5 (Independence Day Holiday)
- Monday, September 2 (Labor Day)
- Friday, September 13 (Closed at 2 p.m. - Staff Meeting)
- Monday, October TBD (Staff Training)
- Thursday, November 28 (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- Friday, November 29 (Thanksgiving Holiday)
- Friday, December 6 (Closed at 2 p.m. - Staff Meeting)
- Tuesday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Friday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Tuesday, December 31 (New Year's Eve)
- Wednesday, January 1 (New Year's Day)
My Little Waiting Room was created by two Portland moms to help families make and keep medical appointments. Read more about them and the My Little Waiting Room project.