Kid's Day Out
Kids Day Out is a fun respite care event for children with special health needs. Children rotate through activity stations – crafts, creative play, gym – staffed by volunteers. Volunteers can work in groups or be matched 1:1 with a child. Kid’s Day Out is coordinated by Community Connections at local elementary schools six to 10 times a year, depending on the availability of volunteer groups.
- Group volunteers provide a safe, fun afternoon of kid-friendly, adaptable activities.
- Events take place at local schools on Saturdays.
- Kid’s Day Out provides three hours of free respite for families.
Child enrollment form ›
- Most children age 3 to 11 who experience special health needs.
- Eligible children who live in Newberg, Dundee or Sherwood.