Community Connections medical center volunteer services
Also known as:
Newberg Medical Center volunteer services, Providence Newberg Medical Center volunteers
Looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity? Join the volunteer team at Providence Newberg Medical Center and make a caring difference while helping others. Community Connection volunteers serve in a wide variety of ways at Providence Newberg Medical Center and off-campus clinics. Volunteers support nearly every department, including the gift shop. We’ll work with you to match your talents, interests and schedule with available volunteer positions.
Student and adult volunteers perform a wide range of physically active tasks, including:
- Delivering flowers, magazines and mail throughout the center.
- Escorting patients to surgery.
- Helping visitors find their way.
- Performing blood pressure checks.
- Helping with administrative projects.
- Assisting with medical center and foundation events.
- Stocking supplies in the Emergency Department, surgical and short-stay units.
Volunteers typically volunteer for three- or four-hour shifts, one or two days a week. If you are 16 years of age, interested in making a commitment of six months or longer or serving a minimum of 100 hours, please download and complete the application. TB screen are required for all volunteers. Background checks will be completed for volunteer applicants who are 18 years and older.
For more information, contact us.