Providence Cancer Institute expands outpatient services
March 09, 2018
Click image to take virtual tour
From groundbreaking research to innovative treatments to compassionate care, everything we do at Providence Cancer Institute is for you, our patients. That’s why we’re expanding and consolidating outpatient cancer services on the 11th floor of our Robert W. Franz Cancer Center at Providence Portland Medical Center.
Providence Cancer Institute serves more than 5,000 oncology patients every year. With our Franz Cancer Center’s new 11th floor space scheduled for completion in the fall of 2018, we’ll be able to help even more people finish cancer.
In the beautiful new facilities on the 11th floor, you’ll find a range of new providers and services, including:
- A gynecologic oncology program, with two new surgical specialists
- A cancer genetics program and genetic risk clinic, led by a medical geneticist
- Expanded infusion spaces, making it more convenient to get care
- A specialty pharmacy, including retail products and research medications
- Increased access to clinical trials and promising new research, such as adoptive cellular therapy
This expansion builds on Providence Cancer Institute’s commitment to care and the internationally respected immunotherapy-based research conducted at our Earle A. Chiles Research Institute. We focus on bringing clinical trials and the latest treatments directly to our patients, collaborating with immunotherapy colleagues around the world.
We appreciate the doctors, nurses and other caregivers, as well as the donors, who have shown their support and passion for this expansion. Their dedication to cutting-edge treatments, clinical trials and research helps us improve care for cancer patients now and in the future.