Please join Caty Buckley, MSW and Lisa Porter, MOT, OTR/L as they combine forces to discuss the principles of Positive Discipline, relationship based therapy and strategies to support sensory differences. This presentation will include:
- Brain research to understand what happens when children go "offline"
- Techniques to stay calm and firm at the same time
- Developing positive time outs, including sensory techniques
- Sensory tools and language to problem solve before issues begin and again after the storm
- Importance of repairing relationships after the storm
Caty is a Certified Positive Discipline Parent Educator and has been offering Positive Discipline parenting classes and support to area parents since 2011. Lisa is an occupational therapist, and owner/ director of Sensory KIDS. She is certified in Sensory Integration, Integrated Listening Systems, Yoga Calm, SOS Feeding Approach, and DIR/ Floortime.
Register online ›
To register by phone, call 503-215- 2429 or 800-833-8899 ext 52429. Spanish registration and interpretation services are available; please call 503-574-6595 before October 31.
For more information about Sensory PDX, email: firstname.lastname@example.org