This course teaches the skills needed to recognize and respond to respiratory and cardiovascular emergencies in healthcare settings.
- Information and skills needed for adult, child and infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Information needed to treat cardiac arrest with an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Recognition and treatment of choking
- Safety factors in training and actual rescue
BLS Provider certification is valid for two years.
If you are interested in other BLS Provider classes, Community level CPR or First Aid Training, please contact the Nursing Professional Practice office at 541-732-6711 for a list of certified AHA instructors available to teach outside the hospital setting.
- Fee: Initial provider course - $55; Renewal course - $45
- Download, print and return this registration form.
- Registration is available up to one week prior to each class.
- Early registration is encouraged as enrollment per class is limited.
- No refunds after deadline.
- Payment and completed forms must accompany registration to be accepted.
Class materials may be picked up at:
Nursing Professional Practice Office
840 Royal Ave., Suite 2
Monday -Thursday, 7:30-11:30 a.m. or other times by appointment by calling the number below.
Please call 541-732-6711 for further assistance or to arrange for class material pickup.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please advise if you have any disability that requires special materials and/or services so that appropriate personnel can be advised.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in BLS, ACLS, and PALS and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the American Heart Association. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the Association.