Providence Portland Medical Center is part of Providence Health & Services in Oregon, a not-for-profit network of hospitals, health plans, physicians, clinics and affiliated health services. We are recognized for excellence in patient care and research in areas such as cancer, heart, orthopedics, women's health, rehabilitation services and behavioral health.
Statistics of interest
- Employees of Providence Portland Medical Center – 3,419
- Medical staff members – 1,561
- Licensed beds – 483
Annual (2017 data):
- Births – 2,855
- Admissions – 20,092
- Emergency department visits – 61,623
- Average daily census – 297
- Average inpatient length of stay – 5.9 days
- Charity and unpaid community benefit costs – $162,545,032
- Donations to Providence Portland Medical Foundation – $33,725,159
- Volunteer hours – 51,807
As of January 2018
- Chief Executive: Paul Gaden
- Chief Operating Officer: Krista Farnham
- Assistant Administrator for Nursing and Patient Care: Jennifer Gentry, RN
- President, Providence Portland Medical Staff: William Crowley, M.D.
- Executive Director, Providence Portland Medical Foundation: Kelly Buechler
- Chair, Providence Portland Medical Foundation Board: Bryan Bell, M.D., D.D.S.