Providence Medical Group-Glisan is dedicated to building partnerships with our patients and their families. Patient and family advisors represent the patient and family voice. Together with medical providers and staff, they help to improve patient care by sharing their insight, thoughts and opinions.
How do we engage our patient and family advisors?
Patient and Family Advisory Council members play a valuable role, providing:
- Input into improving patient care: Council members serve as partners with Providence Medical Group-Glisan leadership, medical providers, staff, and patients and families to discuss how we can continue to make our programs and policies patient-centered.
- Patient education review: Our patient education materials and programs are reviewed by our advisory council members for clarity, consistency and tone.
What are some Patient and Family Advisory Council accomplishments?
- Explaining our patient-centered medical home: Patient and family advisors help explain Providence’s new team-based health care model to our patients.
- To learn more about our patient-centered medical home model, please watch this short video:
- Reviewing patient education materials: Advisory council feedback helps Providence Medical Group-Glisan create better educational materials, including posters and handouts that are easily understood and meet our patients’ needs.
- Improving patient education classes: Patient and family advisors help improve the way information is presented in patient education courses, including classes related to chronic disease, diabetes and persistent pain.
How can I become a Patient and Family Advisor Council member?
You must be:
- A Providence Medical Group-Glisan patient or family member of a patient
- Willing to share your perspective
- Open to various points of view
- An effective communicator and able to cooperate with individuals whose backgrounds and experience may be different from your own
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive patient and organizational information
- Available to volunteer two to four hours a month, including in-person meetings at the clinic
If you’re interested in volunteering with Providence Medical Group-Glisan Patient and Family Council: Please contact us via email.
Thank you for your time, expertise and commitment!