Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital is a full-service, critical-access hospital with a 24-hour Emergency Department serving five counties in the Columbia River Gorge.
Providence offers a wide range of health care services through its clinics, care centers and senior living facilities. For ongoing updates, "like" us on Facebook.
- Inpatient satisfaction: 95th percentile
- Emergency Department: 90th percentile
- High-level employee engagement score: 83 percent favorable
- Physician engagement: Top 50 percent of hospitals of similar size
Awards and Recognition:
- Received 2012 Practice Greenhealth's Partner Recognition Award for environmental excellence
- Named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital in America by The National Rural Health Association
- Health Grades recognized Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital for "Superior Clinical Performance in Joint Replacement."
- SDI, a national health care research firm, announced that Providence Health & Services-Oregon Region has, for the ninth consecutive year, attained a "top 10" ranking on its list of the 100 most highly integrated health care networks. Providence is named seventh in the nation, fourth in the West and first in Oregon.
Statistics of Interest (2011)
- Employees: 540
- Total medical staff: 245
- Active medical staff: 73
- Number of beds: 25-15
- Inpatient medical/surgical-6
- Births: 400
- Admissions: 1,604
- Emergency department visits: 8,765
- Average inpatient length of stay: 2.7 days