When your primary physician or specialist recommends thoracic surgery for a disease or condition that affects your lungs or chest, our thoracic surgery team will work with you from the time of diagnosis to discharge from the hospital.
Our thoracic surgeons will present a treatment plan and provide the necessary information to guide you through the surgery and inpatient process, to returning home to managing your condition.
Conditions we treat
Our experienced surgeons treat benign and malignant diseases of the chest, including:
- Esophageal cancer
- Non-small cell lung cancer
- Small cell lung cancer
- Thymoma and thymic carcinoma
- Mediastinal tumors
- Neurogenic tumors
- Myasthenia gravis
- Interstitial lung disease (ILD)
- Pulmonary fibrosis
We also treat benign diseases of the esophagus, such as reflux, achalasia, perforations and hiatal hernia.
Our team is part of Providence Thoracic Surgery Program.
What we offer
- Surgeons who perform a large number of thoracic surgeries
- Expertise in minimally-invasive thoracic procedures including VATS (video assisted thoracic surgery)
- Multidisciplinary management
- Our surgeons participate in weekly multidisciplinary thoracic disease conferences where patients' treatment plans are discussed and a best-practice treatment plan is recommended by specialists in pulmonology, radiology, pathology, thoracic surgery, medical oncology and radiation oncology.
- Specialized staff in operating rooms, critical care units and nursing floors
- Participation in Providence Thoracic Surgery Program's database for quality improvement
- Surgeons who participate in expert-to-expert consultation with surgeons throughout the Providence system.