Schedule a screening
Play Smart Events Update:
On behalf of the Play Smart Program, we hope that everyone is doing well as we all try to navigate the path towards normalization.
We wanted to share a program update with everyone. Play Smart Program will not offer heart screenings through the remainder of 2020. Providence Heart Institute is committed to health/wellness/heart screening services, and we hope to resume providing those services in 2021. We know that the strong reputation that has been have built by Providence Play Smart Program in our communities will survive this time period as we return strong, with opportunities to continue to serve.
We will continue to provide program updates, as appropriate.For further inquiries, please contact the Play Smart Program at 503-216-6800 or send an email.
To schedule an appointment
- Please call our scheduling line, 503-216-6800
- Or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to go on screening day
Providence St. Vincent Medical Center
Mother Joseph Plaza
9427 SW Barnes Rd.
Portland, OR 97225
Get directions »
- Screenings are held at Basecamp in the Center for Prevention + Wellness located on the first floor of the Mother Joseph Plaza. See campus map »
- Park in the west parking garage.
Providence Portland Medical Center
4805 NE Glisan St.
Portland, OR 97213
Get directions »
- Screenings are held at Basecamp in the Center for Prevention + Wellness located on the first floor of the hospital near the Green Elevators. See floor map »
- Park in the Glisan St. parking garage. Enter off NE Glisan St. at 49th Ave.
What to know before you go
- A parent or guardian must accompany the person who is to be screened.
- Screenings are open to young people ages 12-18.
- Comfortable clothing is advised.
- Females are encouraged to wear a top and bottom, not a dress, to the screening.
Forms to complete
- Please bring a signed consent form and a completed questionnaire to the appointment or arrive 15 minutes early to complete the required forms. Paperwork must be completed in order for youth to be screened.
- You will receive results within two weeks. Your results will be emailed to you with the subject line Prov Secure Play Smart. If you haven’t received the results, please check your junk or spam folder. If you do not have an email, your results will be mailed to you through the USPS. You can always call Play Smart 503-216-6800 if you have questions regarding your results.
We are the largest provider of cardiac services throughout Oregon. More than 80 highly skilled cardiologists and surgeons care for more than 15,000 patients each year, integrating patient education and prevention with advanced diagnostics and treatment.
Free Youth Heart Screenings
Make a donation » Our pledge is to offer Play Smart™ Screenings at no charge. You can help with a tax-deductible donation.
Other helpful sites