A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-blind Study of Adjuvant Nivolumab Versus Placebo for Participants With Hepatocellular Carcinoma Who Are at High Risk of Recurrence After Curative Hepatic Resection or Ablation (CheckMate 9DX)
This study will investigate if nivolumab will improve recurrence-free survival (RFS) compared to placebo in participants with HCC who have undergone complete resection or have achieved a complete response after local ablation, and who are at high risk of recurrence.
• Participants with a first diagnosis of HCC who have undergone a curative resection or ablation
• Participants are eligible to enroll if they have non-viral related-HCC, or if they have HBV-HCC, or HCV-HCC
• Child-Pugh Score 5 or 6
• Known fibrolamellar HCC, sarcomatoid HCC, or mixed cholangiocarcinoma and HCC
• Any evidence of tumor metastasis or co-existing malignant disease
• Participants previously receiving any prior therapy for HCC, including loco-regional therapies
• Participants who have undergone a liver transplant or those who are in the waiting list for liver transplantation
Gina Vaccaro, M.D.
BMS (Bristol-Myers Squibb)
- Oncology and Hematology Care Westside
- Providence Cancer Institute Franz Clinic