At Providence Medical Group at Providence St. Vincent, Robert Gluckman, M.D., is both physician and teacher. “As a physician, I am responsible for helping my patients preserve their health and maximize their quality of life,” he says. “As a teacher, my role is two-fold: to teach patients about prevention, and to encourage medical students and residents to pursue careers in internal medicine.”
Dr. Gluckman earned his medical degree at the University of Chicago in 1982, and completed his residency at Michael Reese Hospital in Chicago. He is board certified in internal medicine.
Dr. Gluckman serves in various national leadership positions with the Regent of the American College of Physicians. He is actively involved in efforts to reform our health care system. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family.
Personal Statement: I moved to Portland in 1992 after practicing internal medicine in the Sears Tower in Chicago. Shortly after starting a private practice at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center, I joined the faculty with the internal medicine residency program and redesigned the outpatient resident clinic. Previously, I served as Director of the Department of Medicine Faculty practice, as Associate Program Director for the internal medicine residency, and as Chief Medical Officer for the teaching clinics in Providence Medical Group.
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, Oregon Health & Science University
- On the board of Regents for the American College of Physicians, and serves on its performance measurement committee
- Received Laureate Award, Oregon chapter, American College of Physicians, 2013
- Received the ACP Services Political Action Committee Distinguish Service Award, 2010
- On the Board of Trustees of the Oregon Medical Association; and Oregon Medical Insurance Pool
- Governor, Oregon Chapter of the American College of Physicians, 2004-present
Areas of Academic/Clinical Focus:
Prostate cancer screening
Health care policy
Evidence Based Medicine Curriculum
Clinic Resident Preceptor
Personal Interests: Spending time with family, music and cooking.
Undergraduate: University of Illinois/Urbana
Medical School: University of Chicago
Residency: Michael Reese Hospital