Dr. Doppalapudi grew up watching her parents practice medicine and noticed their sense of accomplishment. Following in their footsteps, she feels a great sense of responsibility for her patients’ health.
“I spend a lot of time educating my patients about their infections and health conditions,” says Dr. Doppalapudi, whose specialty is in internal medicine and infectious diseases. “Once a person knows more about their disease and what they can do about it — better monitoring, follow-up appointments, medications — then they can take better care of themselves.”
Dr. Doppalapudi earned her medical degree from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences in Bangalore, India. She completed her internship and residency at Greater Baltimore Medical Center in Maryland.
Born and raised in India, she speaks English, Telugu and Hindi. When she’s not working, Dr. Doppalapudi enjoys spending time outdoors near rivers and waterfalls, hiking and gardening.
• Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India
• Greater Baltimore Medical Center
• Infectious disease fellowship: Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, PA.
• American College of Physicians
• Infectious Diseases Society of America