Providence Health & Services maintains one of the largest and most comprehensive neurointerventional practices in Oregon. Staffed with neurointerventional neurosurgeons and radiologists 24/7, the program offers a breadth of expertise that ensures a balanced consideration of all surgical and nonsurgical options to determine the best treatment approach for the patient.
Technologically, Providence offers every available tool for neurointerventional medicine, including highly advanced biplane catheterization labs and the Northwest’s only Gamma Knife Perfexion. Our experienced team provides the full range of endovascular treatments for complex conditions and is actively involved in multiple studies of new devices for treating aneurysms and strokes.
• 24/7 access to neurointerventionalists
• All appropriate diagnostic services, including cerebral angiogram
• Nonsurgical treatment of AVMs using Gamma Knife Perfexion
• State-of-the-art, minimally invasive blood clot removal
• Endovascular coiling of ruptured aneurysms
• Carotid artery stenting to maintain blood flow through vessels
• Kyphoplasty/vertebroplasty to treat spinal fractures
• The only brain aneurysm support group in the state
Providence offers the full range of neurointerventional treatments for complex neurovascular conditions, including:
• Blood clots
• Intracranial stenosis
Our team maintains close collaborations with:
• Vascular surgeons
• Providence Stroke Center
Vivek Deshmukh, M.D., neurosurgeon and neurointerventionalist,
Microneurosurgical Consultants, 503-297-3766
View all neurointerventional physicians.
Enter your ZIP to see local news and info
Tara MacDonald has made a full recovery from a ruptured aneurysm that required specialized treatments. Watch Tara’s story and learn why knowing your family history is important. Learn More »
Watch this video depicting the lifesaving power of telestroke.More »