Schedule a screening
- Play Smart screenings are free, but appointments are required.
- Appointments are available from 1-5 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays (except holidays)
- Appointments are scheduled up to a month in advance.
To schedule an appointment
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Put your name and phone number in the subject line.
- If you do not have access to email, please call our scheduling line, 503-216-6800.
Play Smart is now offering heart screening clinics on the first Saturdays of every month, to meet the needs of parents and youth that are unable to schedule screenings during the week.Youth heart screening clinics are offered from 8 a.m. to noon at Providence St. Vincent Medical Center on the following dates: (Call 503-216-6800 to schedule)
Play Smart Saturday clinic dates:
- Dec. 7
Providence Heart Clinic-Gateway will offer weekly screenings starting August 2013.
Beginning August 6-8, Play Smart screenings will be offered weekly, every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, from 3:30-5:30 p.m. (Call 503-216-6800 to schedule) Get directions »
Where to go on screening day
- Providence St. Vincent Medical Center Get directions >>
- Screenings are held in our Echo/EKG area (shown here). Please review the map of the St. Vincent Medical Center campus prior to your arrival.
- Park in the west parking garage, enter the West Pavilion and follow the signs to Echo/EKG.
- Providence Heart Clinic Gateway Get directions »
- Screenings are held in Suite 201 (2nd floor)
What to know before you go
- A parent or guardian must accompany the person who is to be screened.
- Screenings are open to young people ages 12-18.
- Comfortable gym or workout clothing is advised.
- Females youth are encouraged to wear a sports bra for the screening process.
- Participants are advised to abstain from sports or physical activity two hours before the screening.
Forms to complete
We are the largest provider of cardiac services throughout Oregon. More than 80 highly skilled cardiologists and surgeons care for more than 13,000 patients each year, integrating patient education and prevention with advanced diagnostics and treatment.
Make a donation » Our pledge is to offer Play Smart™ Screenings at no charge. You can help with a tax-deductible donation.
Other helpful sites