Patients and referring physicians need ready access to quality indicators when making decisions about surgical care. At Providence Thoracic Surgery Program, we publish information every year on how we meet or exceed national benchmarks for common surgeries, such as lobectomy and pneumonectomy. At the same time, we share evidence on how we are improving patients’ quality of life with innovative and minimally invasive video-assisted thoracic surgeries.
On this site, you have access to the same data that we scrutinize ourselves. As the leading chest surgery program in our region, we are setting the bar higher for peer programs nationwide.
1. Attributes Contributing to Superior Outcomes in the Surgical Management Of Early-Stage Lung Cancer and Examples of Implementing Improvement.
2. What is the Inpatient Cost of Hospital Complications or Death After Lobectomy or Pneumonectomy?
3. Does Video-Assisted Thorascopic Lobectomy for Lung Cancer Provide Improved Functional Outcomes Compared with Open Lobectomy?
4. The Influence of Surgeon Specialty on Outcomes in General Thoracic Surgery: A National Sample 1996 - 2005.
5. Thoracoscopic Lobectomy is Associated with Lower Morbidity than Open Lobectomy.
6. Long-Term Survival After Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery Lobectomy for Primary Lung Cancer.
7. Optimal Care of Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Reduces Perioperative Morbidity.
Enter your ZIP to see local news and info