Volunteering at Providence Portland Medical Center
Also known as:
Providence Portland Medical Center volunteer services
Thank you for your interest in joining Providence Portland Medical Center's group of dedicated volunteers who serve our hospital and surrounding campus. There are numerous ways to get involved, share talents and meet a variety of people within the hospital. Our volunteers create a welcoming experience for patients and guests.
Volunteers help in many ways such as guest concierge, patient information, gift shop assistance, courier and transport services, nursing and office support. In order to ensure the best experience possible, we ask that our volunteers make a commitment of four hours per week (100 hours) for at least six months. Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
As you consider this opportunity, please complete the online application. After an application is received, we look at open positions, interests and qualifications and availability and see if we can find a match. If appropriate, we arrange for an informal interview.
As a potential volunteer you will need to:
- Submit a completed volunteer application
- Attend an interview scheduled by the volunteer office
- Submit information for a background check (for those over 18 years old) to include a criminal history and social security number verification
- Make a minimum commitment of 100 hours of service, if there is a match for placement
- Obtain a TB test provided by Providence Health & Services
- Provide proof of appropriate vaccinations
- Provide signed parental permission (for those under 18 years old)
- Obtain an ID badge
- Attend a volunteer orientation and in-service training
Thank you again for your interest in being part of our committed team of volunteers.