School Outreach Internship Program
Providence Health & Services in Oregon offers college internships in a variety of non-clinical roles or projects every quarter to give students experience in different health care departments. Undergraduate seniors who are seriously considering a career in health care are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to first generational college students.
The internships are designed to provide mentorship, trainings and opportunities to develop new skills. Some interns will have specific job roles while others will have project-based responsibilities. As an intern, you’ll have:
- Providence employee orientation
- Exposures to various departments within Providence
- Opportunities to participate in surgical viewings or career exposure events
- Weekly preceptor meetings with goal setting and review
- Opportunities to join the Providence College Inclusion Network (a monthly opportunity to meet and ask questions of various professions within health care)
- Length of program: 8-12 weeks, maximum of 240 hours
- Number of positions available: 7-25 depending on the quarter (more positions are available in the summer)
- Compensation: Competitive (health care benefits are not included)
Undergraduate seniors who are considering a degree related to health care are eligible. Applicants should be Oregon or SW Washington residents or attending a college or university in this region.
The applicant must demonstrate a commitment to helping underserved members of our communities. Those with good customer service skills who can relate well with individuals from varying backgrounds are preferred.
Participants can work 1-5 days a week, but no more than 20 hours per week and 8 hours per day. 240 hours are allotted to selected applicants. Internship days can be scheduled around academic responsibilities. Time off will be considered, but not necessarily granted.
Apply through the Providence Careers website. Search “internship” to find positions. Please include a resume and references.