Indications for using the consultation/liaison service:
- Assessment of patient for suicide ideation or suicide attempt
- Consultation for psychiatric management of altered mental status such as delirium, dementia and psychosis
- Psychiatric illness concurrent with medical illness
- Alcohol or drug related issues
- Assistance with behavioral management of agitated, combative, disruptive or non-complaint patients
- Anxiety or panic symptoms
- Competency evaluation needed
Delirium is a sudden change in how well a person's brain is working (mental status). Delirium can cause confusion, change the sleep-wake cycles,...
Detailed information on the most common types of anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, generalized anxiety disorder and phobias.
Many mental health problems begin when physical stress (such as an illness or injury) or emotional stress (such as the loss of a loved one)...
Psychosis is a symptom of certain mental health problems. It involves perceiving reality differently from those around you. The difference between reality and what you think become blurred in your mind. Other mental health conditions, physical diseases, traumatic experiences, or drugs and toxins may bring on psychotic symptoms or behavior.