Today’s patients with valve disorders tend to be older and more medically complex, which requires an interdisciplinary, flexible approach to care. This approach, combined with our world-renowned physician team –cardiologists and heart surgeons with special expertise in valve disease, primary care physicians, pulmonologists and anesthesiologists – distinguish Providence Valve Center as the leading heart valve treatment center in Oregon.
In November 2011, Providence Valve Center became one of the first sites in the country – and the only one in Oregon – to offer the Sapien transcatherter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
for patients as an alternative to traditional open-heart surgery.
As the highest-volume provider of TAVR, we are excited to be a part of this transformative and lifesaving care. Providence is the only site in Oregon testing the next generation of this minimally invasive treatment.
Through the PARTNER II trial
, Providence is providing TAVR to a broader segment of patients with less risk.
Providence Valve Center – Pioneering Valve Treatment
- The first transfemoral TAVR in Oregon, Feb. 1, 2012
- The first transapical TAVR in Oregon, Aug. 21, 2012
- The largest TAVR volume program in Oregon
- The only PARTNER II clinical trial site in Oregon
- Provided the latest-generation technology though the PARTNER II clinical trial
- Provided the greatest number of transcatheter valve sizes available in Oregon
- Provided treatment to the largest range of patients (intermediate risk to inoperable)
Providence remains at the forefront of treating advanced heart disease and continues to explore advances in valve repair. To learn more about valve disorder treatments, call Providence Valve Center at 503-216-0790.
Services of Providence Valve Center
Cardiac diagnostic imaging:
Interventional cardiology for valve disease:
- 2D/3D echocardiography (transthoracic and transesophageal)
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiac MRI
- Nuclear imaging
- Carotid imaging
Interventional cardiology for heart defects:
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement
- Aortic and mitral balloon
- Prosthetic paravalvular repair
- Atrial septal defect/patent foramen ovale closures
In addition to comprehensive services, these advantages benefit our patients and their primary physicians:
- Valve repair
- Valve replacement
- Minimally invasive strategy
- Robotic-assisted surgery
- High-risk and complex surgery
- The referring physician selects the level of service.
- Providence Valve Center’s specialists communicate promptly with the referring physician, and teleconferencing is available.
- Patient education and support are provided.
- The center’s multidisciplinary physician team is nationally recognized, and its imaging labs are nationally accredited.