"Excellent patient outcomes depend on uniform approaches to patient care that are based on the best clinical and research evidence. This requires coordination and communication among multiple physician specialists, nurses, pharmacists, therapists, social workers and the patient, as well as innovative use of informatics, databases and the Internet. Providence is already on the cutting edge in each of these areas. I am proud of our progress and excited about the future." -- John R. Handy Jr.
, M.D., Hon.D.
Hallmarks of our program include:
- Lung cancer screening program
- Weekly multidisciplinary thoracic oncology conferences to manage patients’ care
- Clinical and basic research protocols
- Access to national research studies and innovative local protocols
- Thoracic oncology practice guidelines for health professionals
- State-of-the-art diagnostic tools, including endoscopic ultrasound and advanced bronchoscopy
- Airway management with lasers and stents