Sports Medicine Services-Hood River
Find an orthopedic surgeon
or call 888-56-SPORT
Need advice or an appointment?
Fill out the info below for training tips, injury questions or setting up an appointment.
(Allow one business day for follow-up)
Passion – it’s in your care. Whether you’re a weekend warrior or an elite athlete, it takes passion and precision to be great at what you do. We understand that. We’re passionate when it comes to caring for athletes, and our precision treatments for getting you back in action are the most advanced in the region.
At Providence, our orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine providers help you prepare for sport, avoid injuries and boost performance. We care for athletes of all ages and ability levels.
Providence Hood River Memorial Hospital Orthopedic Clinic cares for more serious injuries, in addition to addressing all your orthopedic needs.
- Arthroscopy is a minimally invasive way to treat tissue inside a joint. This technique is commonly used to repair rotator cuffs, shoulders, knees, hips.
- Most fractures can be operated on within the week, which means you can get back outside sooner. Common sports injuries affect the collarbone, AC joint/shoulder, wrist or ankle.
- Joint replacements are available for hip, knee or shoulder. We also perform anterior approach hip replacement. If you are not ready for surgery, we can manage chronic pain with joint injections including steroids, hyaluronic acid or biologics.
At Providence Gorge Sports & Spine Medicine (with locations in Hood River and The Dalles), our goal is to get you back to what you love as quickly and safely as possible.
- Physical therapy is available if you have a sports orthopedic injury needing expert care, which may affect areas such as the ankle, neck or lower back.
- Free athletic training services are provided to injured students in the community who are unable to return to sport. Our athletic trainers can evaluate your child’s injury and guide you to the right place.
- Concussion management is just one of our areas of expertise. Our expert providers can quickly assess an injury and expedite your treatment appropriately.
- We specialize in women’s health/pelvic health, and our compassionate team understands the needs that are specific to female athletes.
- Hand therapy offers solutions and pain relief if you have an injured hand, elbow, arm or shoulder.