Welcome to the Providence Oregon Family Medicine Residency Program website. As you browse the site, read the message from our director and learn about our program offerings.
Message from the Director
Family medicine is in a period of change and challenge. Primary care will remain essential to safe, effective and efficient health care in this country. However, the AAFP’s Future of Family Medicine Report calls on all of us to look closely at what we do and what we must become to best service our patients.
At Providence Milwaukie Hospital, we take this call very seriously. We are working to mold our practices to the New Model, ensuring that our patients have a genuine medical home. In fall 2012, Providence Oregon Family Medicine Residency Program received a five-year accreditation from ACGME.
We recognize that you are the future of family medicine. We are committed to a residency that provides the knowledge and skills to practice effectively when you graduate, but also challenges you to be flexible and open to change. Part of Providence Health & Services, Providence Milwaukie Hospital is a friendly, dedicated community hospital that enjoys the benefits of a large health care system.
Discover Our Program
At Providence Oregon Hospital Family Medicine Residency, we promote lifelong learning of the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to provide high-quality care, especially to those most in need. Our mission is to train family physicians to be the cornerstone of patient-centered, socially responsible, community-oriented medical care.
As physicians of the Providence Oregon Family Medicine Residency Program, we treat common illnesses uncommonly well. We honor patients' unique needs and cultures. We strive to balance our professional and personal lives.
- An innovative, community-based single residency program
- Academic and teaching affiliation with Oregon Health & Science University
- A rural training track (RTT) residency in family medicine in the community of Hood River, Ore.
- Emphasis on evidence-based medicine
- Links to academic resources throughout the Portland metro area to enhance our teaching program and rotations
- Fully implemented electronic health record (EHR) for patient information
- Worldwide HIPAA-compliant remote access to patient records
- Online library through Providence Physician intranet, including “Up-to-Date”
- Electronic access to hospital records and PACS (digital radiology)
- Internet-based software for schedules, procedures and evaluations