Providence Neurocritical Care Services provides specialized, expert in-hospital care of critically ill patients with neurological conditions. Our board-certified neurointensivists and our other providers are specially trained in neurological and neurocritical care.
Our program offers comprehensive care and multisystem management of critically ill patients with a primary neurological disease process. These services include mechanical ventilation, intracranial pressure monitoring, hemodynamic monitoring, external CSF drainage monitoring and continuous EEG.
Working with pulmonary intensivists and neurosurgeons, our experienced team provides the full range of intensive care for complex neurological conditions. We are actively involved in clinical research and in quality improvement initiatives.
Acute conditions that benefit from neurointensive care and support include:
- Acute stroke
- Cerebral edema
- Intracerebral hemorrhage
- Subdural hemorrhage
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Infections of the brain and spinal cord
- Seizures and status epilepticus
- Neuromuscular disorders with respiratory failure
- Spinal cord diseases
- Brain tumor
- Neurological impairment from cardiac arrest (treated with therapeutic hypothermia)
Our team works collaboratively with these services to provide integrated care:
- Providence Stroke Center
- Neurointerventional radiology
- Pulmonary/critical care
- Internal medicine
- Speech, physical and occupational therapy
- Case management and social work
- Palliative care
For more information, call 503-216-1055.