Providence Medical Group Living Well with Chronic Conditions Program Volunteer
Also known as:
Living Well with Chronic Conditions Program Volunteer, Volunteer, Providence Medical Group Living Well with Chronic Conditions Program
What subjects are covered in the workshop?
Living Well with Chronic Conditions is a self-management workshop offered for Providence Medical Group patients. This six-week workshop is for patients who are living with chronic conditions and their family or friends. Workshops are facilitated by two trained volunteer leaders. We currently offer four Living Well workshops per year. In order to grow our program and offer more workshops, we need volunteer leaders.
During the workshop, you will help patients learn how to:
Do you want to become a Living Well volunteer leader?
- Handle stress and relax
- Deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and depression
- Exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance
- Manage medications
- Communicate effectively with family, friends and health professionals
- Eat healthy and well
- Evaluate new treatment choices for the future
- Anyone with a commitment to helping people with chronic health conditions can become a Living Well leader. You must be willing to:
- Complete a full four-day training to become certified
- Facilitate at least two six-week workshops per year
- Share some personal information and experience with the group
- Demonstrate a caring, respectful and compassionate attitude toward all people
- Communicate effectively with a variety of individuals in different environments, including disabled individuals and older adults
To learn more about Providence Medical Group Living Well with Chronic Conditions Program and how to become a volunteer leader, please contact us