Recipe - Zingy Roasted Vegetables
- 2 large carrots
- 1 medium parsnip
- 1 medium turnip
- 1 medium rutabaga
- 1 medium yam
- 2 small red potatoes, quartered
- ½ large red onion, sliced into 4 wedges
- 2 large mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large sweet red pepper, seeded and cut in 8 equal strips
- 1 small zucchini cut in 1" slices
- ½ teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme, rosemary, black pepper
- 1 tablespoon each bottled horseradish sauce and cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- First five ingredients, remove skins with vegetable peeler and cut into large bite size pieces (1 inch cubes). Then place with potatoes on large cookie sheet lightly sprayed with canola oil. Roast uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Turn with spatula. Vegetables should still be firm but beginning to color. Add onions, mushrooms, pepper and zucchini, and sprinkle with herbs and pepper. Roast 15 more minutes or until all are tender.
- Combine horseradish sauce and vinegar, and spoon over vegetables.
- Toss and serve.
Per serving of vegetables: 192 calories, 5 gm protein, 44 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm fat, 0 gm sat fat, 0 gm mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 9 gm fiber, 71 mg sodium