Recipe - Year-Round Gingersnap Pumpkin Custard
- 1 cup broken pieces, low-fat gingersnap cookies (12 small cookies)
- 1 15-ounce canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 8 ramekins with canola oil and divide the cookie pieces evenly in the bottoms of the bowls.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer.
- Ladle the pumpkin mixture over the cookies, sprinkle with nuts, and place ramekins in a deep pan filled with water to about halfway up the ramekins. Bake for 20 minutes. Test for doneness.
- Let rest 10 minutes and serve.
Per serving: 168 calories, 7g protein, 42g carbohydrate, 3g fat, 0g sat fat, 0g mono fat, 32mg cholesterol, 2g fiber, 149mg sodium
The Seasoned Cook: If cooking as a pie, spray a 9" pie pan and proceed as above without the water-filled pan; cook for one hour. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for several days.