Recipe - Wild Mushroom Pasta
- 12 ounces spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ lemon
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring water to boil for pasta. Cook until al dente and strain.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet. Add the mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Cook until softened and lightly browned. Squeeze the lemon over them.
- Add the zucchini and carrots. Cook, stirring until tender crisp, about 2 minutes.
- When the pan becomes dry, add the broth. Lower heat and cook 4 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked pasta and parsley until combined. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Per serving: 482 calories, 20 gm protein, 75 gm carbohydrate, 12 gm fat, 3 gm sat fat, 7 gm mono fat, 85 mg cholesterol, 6 gm fiber, 145 mg sodium
Use a variety of fresh and dried mushrooms. To reconstitute dried mushrooms, cover with hot tap water and let soak for 10-15 minutes. Feel free to use spiral pasta that has vegetable flavors, too.