Recipe - Tangy and Sweet Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- ½ cup dried cranberries or apricots
- ¼ cup roasted, shelled sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Pepper to taste
- To prepare sprouts, cut off stem and peel away wilted or discolored leaves. Shred by cutting into thin slices, similar to how you’d cut a mushroom, or pulse in a food processor.
- Toss Brussels sprouts, dried fruit, sunflower seeds and red onion in a medium-mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, honey and coriander.
- Add vinaigrette to salad mixture, toss and enjoy!
Per serving: 188 calories, 4g protein, 20g carbohydrate, 12g fat (2g sat, 10g mono/poly), 0mg cholesterol, 4g fiber, 44mg sodium
Seasoned Cook If you like coleslaw in the summer, you’ll love this version in the winter, when Brussels Sprouts are at their peak, and their loaded with vitamins C and K.