Asian inspired, here's flavorful taste while fighting inflammation and creating our best health. What could be better? Serve with Asian Greens Ribbon Salad
- ¾ pound sweet potato, peeled and grated
- ½ pound small whole shrimp, peeled and finely diced
- 3 whole scallions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Mix first six ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites and cornstarch in a separate bowl until frothy, then add to the sweet potatoes. Mix thoroughly.
- Form small patties of the mixture (about 2 tablespoons each) and place on a plate or baking sheet. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer the patties to the skillet using a spatula. Cook 5 minutes per side. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve with Asian Greens Ribbon Salad or with lettuce wraps, using cilantro and mint as garnish.
Per serving: 340 calories, 20g protein, 46g carbohydrate, 8g fat, 1g sat fat, 5g mono fat, 113mg cholesterol, 3g fiber, 478mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK:
Place the patties in the refrigerator to help them set up and keep from breaking apart during the frying.