Recipe - Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large roasted red pepper, skin and seeds removed
- 1 head roasted garlic, husks removed (about 10 cloves)–see Roasted Garlic recipe
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Wrap red pepper in foil. Bake for 1 hour. Let cool.
- Remove skin and seeds from pepper. Squeeze cooked garlic cloves from bottom to remove from head.
- Place all ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve with raw colorful vegetables.
Per serving with vegetables: 100 calories, 5 gm protein, 18 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 1 gm mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 9 gm fiber, 24 mg sodium