Recipe - Raspberry Basil Chicken with Minted Pea Couscous
Raspberry Basil Chicken
- 4 4-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ cup all-fruit raspberry preserves
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Place chicken in baking dish. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with basil and rosemary, top with sliced onions. Bake, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, spoon preserves evenly over chicken. Bake uncovered another 15 minutes, basting occasionally. Spoon sauce over chicken to serve.
Per serving: 248 calories, 27 gm protein, 24 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 2 gm mono fat, 72 mg cholesterol, 1 gm fiber, 268 mg sodium
The combination of fruit and mint make this recipe light and flavorful. Feel free to use any all-fruit preserves you happen to have on hand.
Minted Pea Couscous
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons mint
- ½ cup minced parsley
- In a medium saucepan bring broth and olive oil just to a boil.
- Stir in couscous; cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous lightly with fork. Add peas, mint, and parsley.
Serve. Per serving: 271 calories, 12 gm protein, 46 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm fat, 1 gm sat fat, 3 gm mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 6 gm fiber, 127 mg sodium To thaw peas, place in colander and rinse with warm water.