Recipe - Quick and Healthy Breakfast Burritos
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup bottled salsa of your choice
- Canola cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (8 inch), at room temperature
- ¼ cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- chili flakes to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, and skim milk.
- In a small pot, heat and stir together the black beans and salsa.
- Spray a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Over medium high heat, cook egg mixture until done on one side. Flip and cook on the other side. Cut into four equal slices.
- Lay tortillas on a work surface and top with eggs, black bean mixture, sour cream, cilantro, and chili flakes to taste. Then roll and eat.
Per serving: 215 calories, 14g protein, 34g carbohydrate, 6g fat, 2g sat fat, 2g mono fat, 124mg cholesterol, 6g fiber, 677mg sodium
The Seasoned Cook: If you're reluctant to toss away the yolk, know that real eggs cost less than egg substitutes.