Recipe - Pork Dijon with Chutney
Serve with sautéed Swiss chard and whipped winter squash
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Combine the Dijon mustard, vinegar, water, and tarragon.
- Place pork on broiler pan. Spread ½ of Dijon mixture on top.
- Broil 7 minutes. Turn and spread with remaining mixture. Broil 7 more minutes or until done. Slice and serve with fruit chutney, squash, and Swiss chard.
Per serving: 180 calories, 26 gm protein, 1 gm carbohydrate, 7 gm fat, 3 gm sat fat, 3 gm mono fat, 80 mg cholesterol, 0 gm fiber, 152 gm sodium
- Canola oil spray
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray saucepan with oil. Sauté onions 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the apples are tender, 6-10 minutes.
4. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per serving (1 tablespoon): 71 calories, 0 gm protein, 19 gm carbohydrate, 0 gm fat, 0 gm sat fat, 0 gm mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 gm fiber, 4.9 gm sodium
Sautéed Swiss Chard
- Canola oil spray
- 2 pounds whole Swiss chard, washed
- 1 shallot or ½ small onion diced
- 3 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Remove chard stems and chop. Stack leaves and cut across in 1" strips. Spray pan with oil and add shallot. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the stems and 2 tablespoons water, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add leaves, remaining water, and nutmeg. Continue to cook for 1-3 minutes. Turn often using tongs until tender.
Per serving: 50 calories, 4 gm protein, 10 gm carbohydrate, 0 gm fat, 0 gm sat fat, 0 gm mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 4 gm fiber, 484 gm sodium
Whipped Winter Squash
2 pounds seasonal squash such as Hubbard or Butternut, skin peeled away and remaining squash cut into chunks
- In medium saucepan boil one inch of water.
- Place squash in steamer basket above water, cover, and simmer 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Drain and puree or mash.
Per serving: 102 calories, 2gm protein, 27 gm carbohydrate, 0 gm fat, 0 gm sat fat, 0 gm mono fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 gm fiber, 9 gm sodium