Did we say no-bake? That's right! Copious amounts of fresh berries with their natural built-in sweetness make this dessert a treat for our souls and our hearts.
- 3 cups dates, pitted and finely chopped
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup berries, such as strawberries, raspberries or blueberries, mashed
- 1 cup fresh berries
- Put almonds in food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add dates and oats and pulse until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Press mixture into an 8-inch baking dish, preferably with removable sides. Top with mashed berries. Cover and set aside at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, place top with fresh berries.
Per serving: 235 calories, 4g protein, 49g carbohydrate, 5g fat, 0g sat fat, 3g mono fat, 0mg cholesterol, 7g fiber, 31mg sodium
THE SEASONED COOK:
Make this dessert up to a day in advance and refrigerate overnight to give the berries a chance to meld into the crust. To save money, use frozen fruit for the mash.